Skilled nursing care is an essential element at Mother of Good Counsel Home. Our capable nursing staff is led by Director of Nursing Sister Mary Elizabeth, FSGM, RN. She manages the registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), nursing supervisors, certified medication technicians (CMTs) and certified nurse assistants (CNAs) who provide skilled, compassionate care to our residents.
All services are rendered with loving care for our residents. Our clinical amenities include:
- Continuum of care for each resident
- Individualized care plans
- Onsite Registered Nurse (RN) 24 hours a day
- Rehab and restorative services; ophthalmologist and podiatrist available
- Emergency call response system in each room
- Professionally managed prescriptions and medicine
- Assistance with eating as needed
- Resident mobility and transfers
- Showers and bathing
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Interdisciplinary meetings with resident families; initial assessment within 3 months, then every 6 months
Home-cooked and registered dietician-approved meals help sustain our residents’ nutritional wellness. Social interaction among residents and staff during mealtimes ensures a pleasurable dining experience and healthy appetites. Continual assessment enables our caring staff to provide one-on-one assistance when necessary.
Each resident has an assigned caregiver and nurse. In addition:
- Each floor has a Nursing Supervisor to coordinate continuity of care from shift to shift, communicate with physicians, and carry out treatment orders and procedures.
- Certified Medication Technicians (CMTs) administer medications as ordered by the attending physician.
- Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs) work closely with residents to support all activities of daily living, whether for help with ambulation, personal hygiene and/or meals.