Whether you are considering the Mother of Good Counsel Home for yourself or your loved one, we welcome your exploration. We are currently accepting Applications for Admission (download the application here).
If there are no rooms available immediately, your application will be kept on file and we will contact you as rooms open. It is wise to plan ahead for the possibility of Skilled Nursing Care by visiting Mother of Good Counsel Home even before any need arises. We are happy to welcome you for a visit at your convenience.
We invite you to take TOUR of our facility and speak to you about the services we offer plus any needs you anticipate now or in the future. For more information on admission or to arrange a tour, please contact Sister M. Christine at 314-383-4765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mother of Good Counsel Home provides skilled nursing care in a very clean, comfortable, warm and caring environment.
- All private rooms with abundant natural light
- Spacious and bright dining rooms and common room areas with fireplaces
- Rooms available for private gatherings at no charge
- Beautiful Chapel with stained glass windows, open to all
- Religious artwork and statues throughout
- State-of-the-art physical therapy center
- Multi-purpose activity hall and variety of indoor and outdoor gathering spaces
- Meeting rooms for support groups, education and community functions
- Libraries with comfortable sitting areas and reading materials
- Outdoor park with accessible walkways, fountain, gardens, grotto and benches
- Garden pavilion with charcoal barbecue grill and picnic tables
- Gardening areas for residents with shaded flower-lined patios & umbrella seating
- State-approved safety systems
- Beauty salon, barber shop and spa baths
- Phone and Internet hook-up available; wireless Internet free of charge
- Cable television in each room at no charge
- Daily housekeeping and trash removal
- Towel and bedding laundry service included; personal laundry services available
- Secure well-lit campus with security guard on duty after 8 p.m.
- Professional maintenance of building and grounds
- Complimentary parking
- Handmade cards and boutique items available for sale by the Sisters
Spiritual and Social Amenities
Mother of Good Counsel Home is a place in which our residents may continue to flourish spiritually and socially through their interactions with others.
- Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George live onsite and work in the Home
- Daily Mass and Chapel
- Priests available for spiritual and sacramental needs
- Weekly Rosary and First Friday Devotions
- Well-planned and coordinated Resident Services department with social and individual activity programs offered
- Seasonal activities such as gardening, caroling, card-making, etc.
- Social programs for residents and family members
- Frequent concerts provided by outside musical guests
Our services cover the spectrum of skilled nursing needs, providing a continuum of care for each resident with individualized care plans.
- Resident safety features
- Three healthy meals each day and tasty snacks
- Catholic liturgical services, including daily Mass with availability of the Sacraments
- Pastoral care, including prayer, rosary, Bible study and Stations of the Cross
- Three registered dietitian-approved meals per day; accommodations made for special diet needs
- Family-style meals served in cozy dining rooms
- Daily planned activities; frequent entertainment
- Private dining areas for family and special occasions
- Family pet visits allowed
- Free laundry services of linens and towels; personal clothing service available
- Daily planned activities with entertainment
- Beauty salon and barber shop
- Convenient vending machines
- Showers and bathing
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Interdisciplinary meetings with resident families; initial assessment within 3 months, then every 6 months
As a 24-hour skilled nursing care provider, our medical amenities encompass all resident needs.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care with RN on duty at all times
- Emergency call response system in each room
- Professionally managed pharmacy services, including medication management
- Computerized physician order entry
- Onsite contracted physical, occupational and speech therapy services for rehab, ophthalmology services and podiatry services
- Consulting pharmacy services, including medication management
- Assistance with eating as needed
- Resident mobility and transfers
With residents adept at using today’s technology for entertainment, education and connecting with loved ones, Mother of Good Counsel Home offers several technology services.
- Free cable television service
- Free WiFi accessibility
- Access to direct Internet and telephone installation